It’s me Hem Thapa,
freelance web developer in Sydney!
I am freelance web developer in Sydney with 7+ years of professional industry experience, successfully completing more than 200 corporate web projects globally in 9 countries, London Metropolitan University graduate and certified PHP developer.
I believe in balancing creativity and simplicity while solving the real business problems. I like to develop simple and useful products for the web. Nothing inspires me more than nature. My designs incorporate shapes, colors, and flow of nature. Simplicity and brevity capture my attention. For me, the design is an amalgamation of art and emotion.
Before starting my freelancing career, I worked for the different US and Australian digital agencies and also for various corporate business as a web developer and business analyst. Nowadays I am engaging myself as freelancer web developer for different clients around the globe and I’m also working on collaborative projects with different startups and agencies.
Core Skills & Expertise
- Web Programming: PHP5+ (object oriented plus MVC framework Laravel), CodeIgnitor
- AWS administration (EC2, RDS, Development/deployment Tools, Route53, CLI, CloudFormation, IAM etc.)
- DevOps tools (Puppet, GitHub, SVN, AWS tools)
- Ecommerce scratch programming for Magento, Woocommerce, Payment API, Shipping API integration
- CMS development from scratch
- WordPress theme & plugins development, customization and integration
- Web service implementation: SOAP, JSON, XML, RSS
- Mobile responsive website development (Media queries, Jquery mobile, Bootstrap)
- Database Adminstration: SQL(MySQL, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL(MongoDB)
- Web analysis using Google Analytics, Google Optimization, AB testing
- Search Engine Optimization-SEO, Web Accessibility and User Experience –UX optimization
- Social Media: Social media API Integration (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
- Graphics Design: Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks